McKinsey & Company
- 3+ years of professional work experience preferably within basic materials (e.g. metals & mining, paper...), banking or service industries
- BA/BS degree, ideally in engineering or business; masters or other advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience delivering organizational effectiveness and change management, working from a holistic perspective with all the areas and processes of organizations
- Experience in design/execution operational improvement projects
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring and helping others succeed
- Proven influencing and interpersonal skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and written,
in English and Spanish, Portuguese is a plus
- Comfort with extensive travel (up to 80% of time)
Who You'll Work With
You’ll be working with McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in one of our offices in Latin America. As a member of MI, you’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended changes. In this role you will work on the best teams to help the best organizations in the world – in private, public, and social sectors – solve their most difficult problems.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you'll develop practical recommendations and contribute to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
You'll work alongside the client’s staff on each project, assisting with implementation tasks. This could include facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills. Common traits of those successful in this role are leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization.
Show moreShow less